"Trade Facilitation Innovations for Sustainable Development
in Asia and the Pacific"
ESCAP, ADB and the Coordinating Ministry of Economic Affairs Indonesia organized the 8th Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Forum from the 5-8 September 2017 in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. The theme for this year's APTFF is Trade Facilitation Innovations for Sustainable Development in Asia and the Pacific.
The Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation is the leading regional platform for the exchange of information, experiences and practice on trade facilitation. The APTFF has been organized by UN ESCAP and ADB and growing number of partners since 2009. The Forum attracts over 250 participants from over 30 countries. This year’s Forum featured panel discussions, interactive sessions and an exhibition highlighting innovations and trends in trade facilitation in the Asia-Pacific region. The Forum also included a number of side-events providing more in-depth exploration of the pertinent trade facilitation issues.
These events are held to maximize learning and capacity building on trade facilitation of participants attending the Forum. While the nature and number of side events vary every year, they generally include a study tour organized by the host country, as well as technical workshops co-organized with the United Nations Network of Experts for Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific (UNNExT), WCO or other members of the Global Facilitation Partnerships for Trade and Transport (GFP).
- Regional Organizations Cooperation Mechanism for Trade Facilitation (ROC-TF) Annual Meeting, 4 September
- UNNExT Advisory Committee Meeting, 6 September
- National Trade Facilitation Committees After the Signature of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement, 7 September
- APTFF Capacity Building Workshop on Facilitating Trade of Agricultural Products in the Context of the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement, 7 September
- Taking FTA electronic commerce chapters seriously: UNCITRAL texts for mutual recognition of electronic communications and signatures , 7 September
- ESCAP-OECD workshop on Measuring and Monitoring Trade Facilitation Performance, 7 September
- Regional Consultation on Single Window Interoperability, 7 September
- Facilitating Sustainable Fisheries Management and Trade through Fisheries Information Management, 7 September
- Roundtable on Cybersecurity, E-commerce and Trade Facilitation, 7 September
- APTA Information Session: Progressing regional integration and connectivity though regional agreement, 7 September
Contacts: Trade, Investment and Innovation Division