(To access the results of the first global survey 2015)
UNESCAP and other United Nations Regional Commissions have been conducting the second Global Survey on Trade Facilitation and Paperless Trade Implementation since January 2017. The outcome of the survey will update and supplement data and information collected in 2015, enable countries to understand the progress made on trade facilitation and paperless trade implementation, support evidence-based policy-making, identify challenges and needs for capacity building and technical assistance, and develop new solutions for further advancing trade facilitation..
The survey cover two major implementation areas. The first area is implementation of selected, important measures under the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA) which entered into force on 22 February 2017. The second area is the implementation of innovative and technology-driven measures aimed at enabling trade using electronic rather than paper-based data or and documentation -- otherwise referred to as “paperless trade”. In this respect, a new UN treaty, Framework Agreement on Facilitation of Cross-Border Paperless Trade in Asia and the Pacific, is expected to provide countries in Asia and the Pacific with a new tool and “digital” complement for better implementation of the TFA.
To ensure the reliability of the data collected, a three-step approach is adopted for data collection and collation. Step 1. Data submission by experts. Step 2. Data verification by the study teams from the UN regional commissions. Step 3. Data validation by national governments.
Important partners of the survey include UNCTAD, ITC, OECD, ADB, ASEAN, Oceania Customs Organization (OCO) and Eurasian Economic Commission. Indeed, any experts are invited to share your expertise and fill in the questionnaire.
(A presentation to introduce the the survey is available here.)
- Questionnaire in microsoft word format (without any pre-filled information): here
- Pre-filled questionnaire for most countries in Asia and the Pacific: here
- To access web-based questionnaire: here
- Overall coordination: Tengfei Wang, Trade Facilitation Unit, ESCAP, email@example.com
UNRC Focal Points:
- ECA: Heini Suominen, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ECE: Maria Ceccarelli, Maria.Ceccarelli@unece.org and Maria-Teresa Pisani, Maria-Teresa.Pisani@unece.org
- ECLAC: Sebastian Herreros, email@example.com and Tania Garcia-Millan, Tania.GARCIA-MILLAN@cepal.org
- ESCAP: Tengfei Wang, firstname.lastname@example.org
- ESCWA: Adel Alghaberi, email@example.com
Focal Points from other organizations:
- UNCTAD: Bismark Sitorus, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Trade Centre: Mohammad Saeed, email@example.com
- OECD: Evdokia Moise, evdokia.MOISE@oecd.org
- Oceania Customs Organization Secretariat (OCO): Laisiana Tugaga, LaisianaT@ocosec.org
- Eurasian Economic Commission (EEC): Dinara Sekerbaeva, firstname.lastname@example.org and Aleksei Bondarenko, email@example.com