"Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation for Regional Prosperity"
The Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Forum is the leading regional platform for the exchange of information, experiences and practice on trade facilitation. The APTFF has been organized by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) and a growing number of partners since 2009, including UNCTAD, WCO and WTO. It is held biennially and attracts more than 250 participants from 30 countries.
The 9th Asia-Pacific Trade Facilitation Forum will focus on how digital and sustainable trade facilitation measures and practices can bring prosperity to the Asia-Pacific region. The Forum will investigate opportunities from trade digitalization for sustainable development of the region, and challenges ahead in materializing such opportunities. it will feature panel discussions, interactive and informative sessions allowing participants to share experiences and perspectives on different aspects of trade facilitation, including trade finance, cross-border ecommerce, paperless trade, and innovative application of emerging technologies, among others. The Forum will bring relevant regional initiatives and implementation cases to each session to make it a unique opportunity to share knowledge and practical lessons.
This year's Forum is organized by ESCAP and ADB in collaboration with the Government of India and the Confederation of Indian Industries. A number of side events will be organized throughout the week in collaboration with other partners to provide more in-depth exploration of pertinent trade facilitation issues. The Forum will also include an exhibition for relevant service providers and international organizations to promote their work in this area.
The APTFF 2019 and all the side events will be held at Hyatt Regency Delhi
- Regional Organizations Cooperation Mechanism for Trade Facilitation (ROC-TF) Annual Meeting, 16 September
- 6th Meeting of the UNNExT Task Force on Cross-border Electronic Data Exchange: Northeast Asia, 16 September
- UNNExT Advisory Committee Meeting, 18 September
- APTFF Capacity Building Workshop on Cross-border Paperless Trade Facilitation,19 September
- OECD-ESCAP Workshop on Helping SMEs Internationalise through Trade Facilitation, 19 September
- SASEC Workshop on Performance Measurement for Trade Facilitation, 19 September
- Information Session on Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA),19 September
- APTA Trade Facilitation Working Group Meeting
Guideline for Presenters/Speakers (upcoming)
Contacts: Trade, Investment and Innovation Division