Business Process Analysis to simplify trade procedures: case studies
Business Process Analysis is recommended as the first step to be taken before undertaking other trade facilitation measures related to the simplification, harmonization, and automation of trade procedures and documents. Indeed, it is important that a clear and detailed picture of the "as-is" business processes involved in importing or exporting be available, as it will provide a sound basis for the selection and prioritization of trade facilitation measures aimed at streamlining these processes.
WHERE TO START?
The Guide to Business Process Analysis to Simplify Trade Procedures [English | Russian |Arabic], developed by ESCAP in collaboration with UNECE and UNNExT, provides a concise methodology for the elicitation and systematic documentation of existing trade procedures and processes.
In addition to the Guide, E-Learning Series on Business Process Analysis for Trade Facilitation is available to assist learning.
An online Trade Process Analysis Database (TPAD) has been developed to record and compare the existing BPA studies, which is supplemented by a policy brief "Insights from ESCAP's Trade Process Analysis Database". A Microsoft Access format of TPAD is available (Microsoft Access 2010 or more advanced version is required to open TPAD v. 1).
- Business Process Analysis of Trade Procedures in Selected Central Asian Countries (September 2015)
- Business Process Analysis (BPA) of Trade Procedures in the Republic of Korea (January 2015)
- Business Process Analysis of Selected Products in Kazakhstan (August 2014)
- Trade Process Analysis Report for Subregional Cooperation in South Asia (June 2014)
- Business Process Analysis: Export of Maize and Import of Animal Feed in Lao PDR (February 2014)
- Business Process Analysis: Export of Cassava and Maize in Cambodia (January 2014)
- Business Process Analyses of Export of Jute Hessian Bags and Import of Wheat in Bangladesh (December 2013)
- Business Process Analysis for Import of Rice and Export of Cardamom in Nepal (December 2013)
- Business Process Analysis for Export of Rice and Mango, and Import of Palm oil in Myanmar
- Business Analysis Guide to Simplify Trade Procedures (updated September 2012)
- Trade Facilitation in Asia and the Pacific: An Analysis of Import and Export Processes (December 2011)
- Business Process Analysis of the Export of Jasmine Rice from Thailand to the United States (December 2011)
- Analysis of Export and Import Processes of Selected Products in Thailand
- An Analysis of Trade Facilitation and Import/Export Processes in Cambodia
- An Analysis of Import-Export Procedures and Processes in China
- Improving Regional Trade Procedures and Processes: A Business Process Analysis of Export of Vegetable Ghee from Nepal to India and China and Import of Textile from India to Nepal
- Improving Import-Export Procedures and Processes in Sri Lanka
- Facilitating Trade through Simplification of Trade Processes and Procedures in Bangladesh
- Trade Facilitation in India: An Analysis of Trade Processes and Procedures
- Process Analysis for Developing Single Window: Case of Thailand